[NEohioPAL] NCP Weekly Newsletter Nov. 19, 09

North Canton Playhouse ncplayhouse at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 20 06:46:13 PST 2009

WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
November 19th, 2009

A MAN CALLED PETER.....Opened this weekend to great audiences!! It was very interesting to see how many older audience members came..those who remembered Dr. Peter Marshall....many were well informed about his life; telling us about the movie and reminding us that the beautiful Jean Peters, who played his wife, Catherine, came from East Canton.  And that his son, Peter John, became a minister and wrote several books, as did Catherine. This play was written by Catherine Marshall.
One weekend to go....8 pm shows on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Nov. l9,20,2l.  Try not to miss this production...the actors from Walsh bring the 40's alive and deliver an inspirational message for all of us to hear!

WHAT A DEAL!!!!!

The final weekend sale for the Coalition for Animals ends on Saturday, Nov. 20.  They have been holding this event in the NCP Youth Theatre for two weekends and now on Saturday everything goes!!!  $5.00 for everything you can STUFF in a brown paper bag (bags at the youth theatre or bring your own).  Remember, Christmas is a comin'.... get on your sleigh and head towards the south end of North Canton!!!  The animals will certainly appreciate it!!
Need information?  Call Mary at 330-499-6511.

ENCORE PLAYERS

Ladies are rehearsing away in the Studio Theatre, as their group will be performing at Fieldcrest,  Dec. 3....
By the way, jot this down in your calendar....if you are one of our Senior Troupe performers or would like to be, plan to attend their Christmas party Sunday, Dec. 27.....bring a pot luck item (we love to eat) and we always have a good time!!
Era Lynn Tripp will be hosting the party at her home, as she has done for several years.  Half of the fun in attending is checking out all of her amazing and beautiful Christmas decorations!
Call the office for directions or more information...
SHOWS IN REHEARSAL

THE LITTLEST ANGEL....almost ready to open Dec. 4 for ten performances....call in reservations now....!!!  This is family entertainment for all ages!!  Bring your children....bring your grandchildren....bring yourself!!

DISNEY'S BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, JR....this show is really shaping up and what talent we have in this community!! Well, actually from many communities...I have personally seen some of the rehearsals, and we are all going to be in for a real treat!!!   Which we will all  need during the gloomy and wintery month of January.

SPOTLIGHT ON YOUTH .....continued their outreach into several communities this past two weeks...along with two elementary performances at Orchard Hill Elementary of the animal abuse play SOMEONE TO LOVE ME....very well received by the children as they brought their stuffed animals to attend and enjoy the play!  They also gave and received hugs from the actors (Maggie Mae, Mindy Sue, Butch and Sebastian) as they went back to
class.

We would like to thank all of the actors of the Animal Play, SOMEONE TO LOVE ME, for donating their pay for one performance to the Coalition for Animal Concerns emergency fund. This fund is helping so many families with animals who are unable to pay for vet care when their pets become ill or worse.....Kudos to Bill Brown, Gale Spatafore, Era Lynn Tripp, Kami Stanley, Misty and Jodi Weick, Brenton Cochran, Ed Meunier!!!  THANKS AGAIN!!!

SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!!  and as always,

Keep the Arts in Your Prayers !!

Brenton Cochran              Mary McManaway
Office Administrator         Artistic Director

AND check out our new website: www.northcantonplayhouse.com

Brenton Cochran
Office Administrator
North Canton Playhouse