[NEohioPAL] Indy Feature Film Auditions

actorloganfry at aol.com actorloganfry at aol.com
Tue Dec 8 12:03:19 PST 2009

I'm probably the wrong person to say anything, since I've never had an acting class and never went to film school; but I have been in films with Kevin Bacon, Will Smith, Danny and Chris Masterson, Bijou Phillips, George Segal and Tobey Maguire.   Did I sit down with them for a beer after a tough day's shoot?  No.  Was I on the same set?  Well, yes (except Maguire, of course--we got Spider-Man, not Peter Parker).

Most of those projects involved travel to NYC, CT and NJ and the pay was up to about $100.00 a day.  Wow!  What a deal!  Background.  Trees that move.  Standing under the Brooklyn Bridge at 3:00 AM in 14 degree weather in January.  $100.00 or so.  I didn't break even on any of them, except Spider-Man 3.  So what?

Cleveland has a small film industry; but if it weren't for directors and actors willing to work for free, Cleveland wouldn't have a film industry at all.  Okay, there are some commercial houses out there, and they do pay their actors (but not always).  I'm talking about movies--film.

If we really want a film industry here, we need to develop skills.  Cast, crew--skills.  Will we get another Spider-Man 3?  No dream of mine.  Another Welcome to Collinwood or American Splendor?  That would be sweet.  And maybe another one of our own aspiring directors will break out again some day.  You need to start somewhere.

I'm I a hobbyist?  Who cares?  If I can help make something possible for some director out there who wants to work with me and other amateurs, that's good enough for me.  We can actually make it happen--instead of whining about the sad state of the film industry in Cleveland.

So if you don't like the concept--don't audition.  I probably won't get the role even if I do.  I'll still be there.

Logan Fry
Last role: aged zombie in "Death of the Dead"
My line: "Help me - Help me - The bastards ate my wife"
Pay:  craft table for lunch