[NEohioPAL] January Shows & Auditions at Chagrin Valley Little Theatre

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Fri Jan 1 14:33:19 PST 2010

  _January 2010 Updates
  Chagrin Valley Little Theatre _

www.CVLT.org <http://www.CVLT.org> . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022

Happy New Year!

CVLT had an outstanding December! /Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka/ was highly
successful, our /Holiday Show & Gingerbread Tea/, as well as the Chagrin
Falls Studio Orchestra's /Holiday Concert/ were sell-out affairs, and
our New Year's Eve musical event, /The Kid Inside/, was a rousing success.

We thank all of our audience members and supporters for helping us to
have a great 2009. Our 80th Season continues into 2010... keep reading
these emails for all of the exciting events we've got in store!

We wish you all success, happiness, health, and love in the coming year
and beyond.

/Chagrin Valley Little Theatre /

    * *Events & Shows in January...*
          o *January 9 * - Winter Youth Theater starts - still time to
            register! <http://www.cvlt.org/youth.php>
          o *January 15 - February 6 * - / The Maltese Bodkin
            <http://www.cvlt.org/80thSeason/maltesebodkin.php>/ ($16/$12)

    * *Open Auditions in January...*
          o *January 11 & 12 * - Auditions for /The Secret Affairs of
            Mildred Wild/ <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php> (comedy)
          o *January 24 & 26 * - Auditions for /Forever Plaid/
            <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php> (musical)
    *

    * *Coming in February...*
          o *February 12 - 27 * - /Mr. Death & The Red-Headed Woman
            <http://cvlt.org/80thSeason/mrdeath.php>/ ($10)
          o *February 13 * - /Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra: Valentines
            Concert <http://www.cvlt.org/80thSeason/cfso-valentine.php>/
            ($35/$20)
    *

    * *Other News & Notes...*
          o Install the free GoodSearch Toolbar
            <http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbar/chagrin-valley-little-theatre-cvlt>
            and you'll not only get valuable coupons, but you'll raise
            money for CVLT automatically whenever you buy from most
            major web retailers.
          o Visit http://www.cvlt.org/bricks
            <http://www.CVLT.org/bricks> to get your custom engraved
            brick paver order in before the weather warms up and the

    */The Maltese Bodkin
    <http://www.cvlt.org/80thSeason/maltesebodkin.php>/*

    *a comedic mystery by David Belke *

*Fridays & Saturdays at 8 PM
January 15 - February 6, 2010 *

*Directed by David Malinowski *

Times were tough for hard boiled detective Birnam Wood. He never asked
to be in London. Especially in 1605. Danger, daggers and dames abound in
this comedic mystery with a Shakespearean twist. First produced for the
1990 Edmonton Fringe Theatre Festival, the largest theatre festival in
North America, The Maltese Bodkin is a two-hour adventure that's as
packed with laughs as it is layered with literary jokes.

When Wood's partner is found dead with a knife in his back (a bodkin
decorated with Maltese markings), Wood has to find the killer amidst a
vast cast of suspects that includes (among others) Viola, Richard III,
Falstaff, Iago, Mercutio and a merchant from Venice. It's twisted tale
of murder, intrigue and running gags that's sure to delight both oddball
comedy and Shakespeare fans alike!

*TICKETS
* $16 regular admission - $12 students and seniors

Tickets by phone or online /at no extra charge!/
Call 440-247-8955 or visit http://www.cvlt.org/80thSeason/maltesebodkin.php

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. The Ohio Arts Council helps
fund our organization with state tax dollars to encourage economic
growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.