[NEohioPAL] ON CAMERA AUDITION WORKSHOP from casting director Marcy Ronen

Abe Ronen mronen2000 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 19 11:36:59 PST 2010

2 HOW TO AUDITION FOR COMMERCIALS WORKSHOPS-March 20th and 21st, 2010.

THE SATURDAY CLASS IS ALMOST FILLED, SUNDAY IS MORE OPEN.

Local Cleveland casting director Marcy Ronen (Commercial
casting director on NIKE, GIANT EAGLE, GENERAL
MOTORS, VALUE CITY, OHIO TOURISM and many more) is holding 2 workshop on
AUDITIONING FOR COMMERCIALS in March in Cleveland, Ohio.

Each workshop will take place from 10AM TO 4PM with a one hour lunch break.

The workshop is limited to 10 participants for each class.

Actors and aspiring actors (age 16 and up) with any level of
experience are invited to attend.

We will cover the process of auditioning for commercials including headshots and
resumes, signing in procedures, size cards and contact information sheets, what
to wear to an audition, unions, agents, slating and audition techniques.

We will discus callbacks, booking the job, wardrobe fittings, contracts and set
etiquette. We will videotape (and offer DVD's of) each participant in various
commercial audition scenarios and provide feedback on cold
reading, prepared copy and improvised auditions.

The cost of the workshop is $90.00 per person.

DVD'S of auditions will be available at an additional cost.

Here are some comments from earlier workshop participants:

Marcy,

I want to thank you for the excellent class today on How to Audition for
Television Commercials.  It was helpful from the first minute all the way
through. I appreciate your attention to detail and your gentle encouragement to
get more out of the actors.  You provided very helpful
information about the mechanics of auditioning, but also brought me to a new
comfort level with the whole process. I feel inspired to pursue a relationship
with an agent and begin auditioning for commercial work.

Thank you for the time and effort you and your staff put
into this class.  I intend to see you again before long!

Ron Dauphin

AND...

Dear Marcy,

I just want to thank you for your invaluable and constructive criticisms, at the
audition workshop. The expertise that you bring to the table will help me, as I
continue to diligently work on my craft. I understand
how much of a challenge it is, to have success, even on a small
level in this industry. But, with professionals like yourself sharing your
knowledge and insight, it makes it a little less intimidating.

Hopefully you will continue to have sessions like these throughout the year, as
it will help us "aspiring actors/ actresses" to become better equipped to make
it.

Thank you again for your time and service,

Sincerely,

Evelyn Stewart

Contact Marcy Ronen at MRONEN2000 at AOL.COM if you are interested to reserve a
spot.

Looking forward to seeing you there!