[NEohioPAL] Commit an act of commedia dell'Arte this Thursday!

wsd wsd at infionline.net
Sun Feb 21 19:06:44 PST 2010

Miller South Commedia Troupe will participate in the Global Day of
Commedia on Thursday, Feb 25th by kicking off the school day with a
morning performance of History of Theatre -- Condensed, Chapter 1 ("In
the Beginning of the Beginning of the Beginning or The Theatrical
Impulse") and Chapter 9 (Commedia dell'Arte). We will document the event
with photos and video and will report in on Facebook and some zannis may
be Twittering. The performance will be held at the Miller South School
for the Visual and Performing Arts in the Margo Snider Theatre, Akron at
8 AM EST.

We urge everyone, and especially all former Miller South Commedia Troupe
members, to commit an act of commedia dell'arte this Thursday. Do a
zanni walk down the street. Amuse your colleagues on lunch break with a
Dottore lecture on workplace safety practices. Count the coins in your
pocket as Pantalone. Boast to friends in the mask of Capitano. Play love
tennis with your favorite Isabella or Lelio. Do fantastic tricks with a
slapstick!  Go see the Confused Greenies at 8 PM in Cleveland. (Info
here <http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/>.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miller South Commedia Troupe has been providing fun-filled slapstick
scenarios for the community since 1996. Our scenarios range from
adaptations of Shakespeare: /The Tempest/, /A Commedia Hamlet,/ /Looking
for the Ugliest Richard/, and /Romeo and Juliet: A Pantomime)/ to the
multicultural: /Funny Folk Tales From Around the World/.

Our current project is /The Complete History of Theatre -- Condensed!/
Created and written by troupe members over the course of four years,
this piece is the ultimate act of theatre education, a madcap time-line
of theatre history, dedicated to anyone who ever read any edition of
"The History of Theatre" by Oscar Brockett. We will be touring the
latest edition of History of Theatre - Condensed this spring -- look for
us at a high school or university near you soon!

For booking information, please contact the troupe director, Wendy S
Duke at wduke at akron.k12.oh.us.

You can find us on Facebook here <http://tinyurl.com/ybwjcdt>.