[NEohioPAL] Highschool and College Productions posted on YouTube

Ken Milota kmilota66 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 20:13:06 PDT 2010

I've searched many musicals on YouTube and a lot of high school and colleges have certain scenes and songs posted from their live audience productions.   According to what I've been informed of, this is illegal and the producers of these productions can be fined.

I was just wondering how so many of these videos are on there and have not been deleted and how so many schools and theatres were able to get away with this.   Can't they get fined and blacklisted for future shows with their playright company if someone were to report them?   Or would they be able to use the defense that they weren't aware of the taping and someone in the audience was doing it illegally?

Ken Milota

The Sweda Group, LLC.
Real Estate Sales Agent
Avon, Ohio