[NEohioPAL] Murder... and Broadway Musicals! September News from Chagrin Valley Little Theatre

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Wed Sep 1 15:05:39 PDT 2010

Trouble viewing this email? See it on the web at
http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm <http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm>

  _CHAGRIN VALLEY LITTLE THEATRE
  September 2010 Updates _

www.CVLT.org <http://www.CVLT.org> . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022

facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre>
twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

Hello everyone!

As we head into our 81st Season <http://www.cvlt.org/81stSeason/>, we
reflect on an extremely successful 80th! Thank you to everyone who
attended a performance, purchased a brick, became a member or
subscriber, or joined us for a fundraiser or benefit over the past year.
We deeply appreciate it.

CVLT's outreach program, /Accent on Youth (AOY)
<http://www.cvlt.org/aoy.php>/, begins this school year with a bang,
presenting social and relationship plays featuring student actors. A
play serving 'Safe Routes to Schools' will be offered September 3 at
Chagrin Falls Intermediate School, with programs to follow at Orange and
Kenston early this fall. Mayfield, Solon and West Geauga schools will
also be served by this initiative, which is sponsored by the Ridgecliff
Foundation <http://www.ridgecliff.org>. Bullying remains a key theme for
most AOY presentations.

/The Dixie Swim Club/ which took top honors in the Ohio Community
Theater Association's Northeast Ohio Regional event, will be appearing
in the OCTA State Finals
<http://www.ohiocommunitytheatre.org/stateconference.shtml> on September
5 in Perrysburg, OH. Barbara Rhoades directs Jackie Cassara, Kate Tonti,
Chris White, Jenny Barrett, and Denise Bernstein in this award-winning
(and boxoffice-busting) comedy about the life-long friendship between
members of a college swim team.

Our new season kicks off with the annual /Murder by the Falls
<http://cvlt.org/81stSeason/murderbythefalls.php>/ fund-raising mystery
evening on September 10 and 11, with our first Chagrin Falls Studio
Orchestra concert <http://cvlt.org/81stSeason/broadway.php> of the year
following closely behind. Although individual tickets to our upcoming
season <http://cvlt.org/81stSeason> are now on sale, there's still time
to become a season subscriber - you'll save up to 30% off of CVLT's
already low main stage ticket prices. And if the Youth Theatre
<http://cvlt.org/youth/> is your thing, registration for fall sessions
is now open.

See you soon,
Your Friends at CVLT

    * *Happening in September...* scroll down or click for details!
          o *September 10 & 11* - /*MURDER BY THE FALLS*
            <http://cvlt.org/81stSeason/murderbythefalls.php>/
          o * September 24, 25, & 26 * - /*FROM BROADWAY, WITH LOVE*
            <http://cvlt.org/81stSeason/broadway.php>/
          o *September 18 - YOUTH THEATRE - Register at CVLT.org/youth
            <http://cvlt.org/youth/>*
    * *Coming soon...*
          o /Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde/ - October 15 - 30
            <http://cvlt.org/81stSeason/jekyllandhyde.php>
          o /The Last Five Years/ - October 29 - Nov 13
            <http://cvlt.org/81stSeason/lastfiveyears.php>
          o Details on auditions for /*Annie*/ will be available very
            soon! Bookmark www.CVLT.org/auditions
            <http://www.CVLT.org/auditions> or follow us on Facebook
            <http://www.facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre> or Twitter
            <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre> to be notified as soon
            as details are announced!
          o Details on play submissions for the /*10/10 Festival of
            One-Act Plays*/ (July 2011)

    */ Murder by the Falls:
    Who Ya Gonna Call? <http://cvlt.org/81stSeason/murderbythefalls.php>/*

*Friday, September 10
Saturday, September 11*

*Written by Andrew & Greta Rothman
Directed by Greta Rothman *

*TICKETS: *$50 ($25 is tax deductible)

*Tickets by phone only. Call 440-247-8955
http://cvlt.org/81stSeason/murderbythefalls.php*

/*Featuring award-winning novelist Les Roberts!*/

When the theatre's peaceful resident ghost suddenly starts to cause
havoc, a wild host of psychics and ghost hunters descend on the theater
to try and get in touch with the other side!

Cleveland TV's *Jan Jones* appears, along with Andrew Rothman, Michelle
Kaiser, Jon Gellott, Adam Young, Don Bernardo, Amy Pelleg, Paula Pike,
Hannah Beaumont, Brandon Hood, Steven R. Tiderman, Bob Fortlage, Pat
Mazzarino, and Steve Pike.

...with special appearances by: *Mayor Tom Brick* (Chagrin Falls),*
Mayor Matt Brett* (South Russell), *Mayor Leonard Spremulli*
(Bentleyville), *Chief James Brosius*, Chagrin Falls Police and *Sheriff
Daniel McClelland*, Geauga County!

You and your 8-person team will help Inspector Gotcha and Detective
Ketchum to figure out exactly what the ghost is trying to communicate,
as it just might point to a flesh-and-blood criminal!

The rough timeline of the evening is as follows:

    * 7:15 - Hors d'oeuvres and beer/wine cash bar at the Theatre
    * 8:00 - Act I, in which the mystery is revealed.
    * 8:45 - Your team search for clues in the windows of stores in the
      Village and interviews characters on the street.
    * 9:15 - Return to 'Headquarters' for catered dessert as your team
      decides on a solution to the mystery
    * 10:00 - Act II, the criminal is uncovered and prizes are awarded
      to the team who was closest to the answer!

    */ From Broadway,
    with Love <http://cvlt.org/81stSeason/broadway.php>/*

*Friday, September 24 at 8
Saturday, September 25 at 8
Sunday, September 26 at 2*

*Director: Don Edelman
Musical Director / Conductor: Stephen A. Eva
Choreographer: Ida Porris
Music Arranger: Bill Corcoran *

*TICKETS: *$30
$25 Sunday-only admission for Students/Seniors

*Tickets by phone at 440-247-8955 or online at
http://www.cvlt.org/81stSeason/broadway.php*

Conductor Steve Eva and CVLT stage director Don Edelman team up for the
third year running to bring you a special one-weekend-only concert
musical event, featuring the 35-piece Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra
<http://www.chagrinfallsstudioorchestra.org/> on stage.

Audiences will be treated to classic hits from shows like /Guys &
Dolls/, /Oklahoma!/, /The Music Man/, /Fiddler on the Roof/, /Cabaret/,
/West Side Story/, /South Pacific/, /Kiss Me Kate/ and more, with the
complete orchestrations rarely enjoyed in such an intimate performance
space.

Featuring the vocal talents of:

    * Rob Albrecht
    * Christopher Hunter
    * Gene Karlen
    * Rebecca Marks
    * Patrick Mazzarino
    * Libby Merriman
    * Sharon Lloyd
    * Lydian DeVere Yard

You won't want to miss this event!

*Subscribe to our 81st Season and save!*

Our 81st Season features /over 20/ events and shows to entertain you,
and buying a Season Subscription now saves you money on our 6 Main Stage
productions!

    * *$75 Regular Subscription*: One ticket to each main stage show
      (that's a 25% savings!)
    * *$65 Senior/Student Subscription*: One ticket to each main stage
      show (20% /further below/ the already great senior/student discount!)
    * *$100 Flex Pass Subscription*: /EIGHT / tickets to use in /any/
      combination for /any/ of our main stage productions. Maximum
      savings and maximum flexibility for your entertainment dollar!

*Subscribe today by calling the Box Office
or visiting www.cvlt.org/81stSeason
<http://www.cvlt.org/81stSeason/index.php>*!

*MAIN STAGE PLAYS & MUSICALS:*
/Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde/ (October 15 - 30, 2010)
/Annie/ (November 19 - December 18, 2010)
/Bloody Murder/ (January 14 - February 5, 2011)
/Dirty Rotten Scoundrels/ (March 17- April 16, 2011)
/Don't Dress for Dinner/ (June 3 - June 25, 2011)
/The Rocky Horror Show/ (July 22 - August 20, 2011)

*RIVER STREET PLAYHOUSE:*
/The Last Five Years/ (October 29 - November 13, 2010)
/Hillary: A Modern Greek Tragedy/ (November 26 - December 11, 2010)
/Underneath the Lintel/ (April 29 - May 14, 2011)
/The Ten/Ten Festival of One-Act Plays/ (July 1 - July 16, 2011)
/2 Across/ (August 12 - 27, 2011)

*SPECIAL EVENTS:*
/Murder By The Falls: Who Ya Gonna Call?/ (September 10 - 11, 2010)
Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra & CVLT's:/ "From Broadway, with Love"
/(September 24 - 26, 2010)
/Ghosts, Goblins & Gobbledygook/ (October 23 - 24, 2010)
Youth Theater Showcase (November 6, 2010)
/Holiday Show & Gingerbread Tea/ (December 11 - 12, 2010)
Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra: /Holiday Show/ (December 22, 2010)
New Year's Eve Musical Revue (December 31, 2010)
Chagrin Studio Orchestra: /Valentine's Concert/ (February 12, 2011)
Youth Theater Production (February 19 - 20, 2011)
Chagrin Studio Orchestra Concert (May 7, 2011)

*GET YOUR BRICK PAVERS!*
We'll be ready to install more engraved pavers in our sidewalk this
fall! Get your custom engraved brick paver order in before the next
round begins - http://www.cvlt.org/bricks 	*ADVERTISE IN OUR PLAYBILL!*
Get your message in front of hundreds of theatergoers throughout the
entire 81st Season at incredibly low prices! Contact Diane Gotliebowski
at ads at cvlt.org <mailto:ads at cvlt.org> or 440.223.5953 for rates and
details today!

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. The Ohio Arts Council helps
fund our organization with state tax dollars to encourage economic
growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.