[NEohioPAL] A New Spin on Classic Gilbert & Sullivan with 'I've got a Little Twist' at LCCC's Stocker Arts Center

Kimberly Carrasquillo kcarrasq at lorainccc.edu
Thu Jan 6 06:24:13 PST 2011

A New Spin on Classic Gilbert & Sullivan with 'I've got a Little Twist'
at LCCC's Stocker Arts Center

The comedic operas of Gilbert & Sullivan will take on a fresh new spin
in the cabaret production "I've got a Little Twist" at 7:30 p.m.,
Saturday, January 29 in the main theatre at Lorain County Community
College's Stocker Arts Center.

Tickets are $25 for orchestra and $20 for mezzanine. Tickets can be
ordered online at www.lorainccc.edu/stocker, or by calling the Stocker
Arts Center box office at (440) 366-4040 or (800) 995-5222 extension
4040 from 12-6 p.m., Monday through Friday. Tickets are also available
at the box office, located in the lobby of the Stocker Arts Center.
Take-a-Chance tickets are available at the box office beginning at 6
p.m. the night of the show as long as tickets remain. Take-a-Chance
tickets are half-off the top ticket price and are available until
curtain time.

Performed by the New York Gilbert & Sullivan Players, "I've got a Little
Twist" has been described as "The Mikado" meets "The Music Man," where
"HMS Pinafore" sets sail for "Brigadoon," where "The Pirates of
Penzance" take shore leave "On the Town." This one-of-a-kind show, which
one a special 2010 Bistro Award, proves that the Gilbert & Sullivan
repertoire is as fresh and fun as three little maids from school. This
unique show celebrates the legacy of Gilbert & Sullivan in American
musical theatre, featuring favorites from Rodgers & Hammerstein,
Bernstein, Sondheim, Lerner & Loewe, Meredith Willson, Jerry Herman, and
of course, Gilbert & Sullivan. If you love Gilbert & Sullivan and
musical theatre, you're going to love "I've got a little Twist."

For more information on this and other performances at LCCC's Stocker
Arts Center, visit www.lorainccc.edu/stocker.

Kim Carrasquillo

Writer

Marketing and Outreach