[NEohioPAL] Massage Workshop for Artists This Weekend at SPACES and request for materials

Sarah Beiderman sbeiderman at spacesgallery.org
Thu Mar 17 14:25:12 PDT 2011

*Massage Workshop for Artists at SPACES*

*Saturday, March 19, 2011, 1:00PM - 5:00PM *

artSpa presents
a Massage Basics Workshop for Artists
facilitated by Adam Overton
Artists, musicians and performers are encouraged to join us as we work to
develop our therapeutic massage skills! Under the tutelage of a certified
massage therapist, we will explore some simple strategies for the use of
hands, fingers, forearms and elbows, and ultimately for listening through
touch. Massage will occur while seated in folding chairs, with participants
remaining completely clothed throughout, and won't involve any oils or extra
equipment.

Space is limited, so please rsvp at least a day in advance to
a at plus1plus1plus.org
$10 per person to rsvp – those who perform a 30-minute (or more) shift the
next day at the experimental music and massage session (Sun 3/20, btwn
1-4pm) will get their $10 back!

Please be prompt and plan to attend the entire workshop – please, no
latecomers.
Participants must be 18+ or older, and should bring a snack to get them
through the session, and should dress warmly (we can easily massage through
most sweaters and sweatshirts)

*Experimental Music and Massage*

*Sunday, March 20, 2011, 1:00PM - 5:00PM *

Visitors are invited to massage and be massaged while listening to
"therapeutic" experimental music. All massage will take place seated in
chairs, with clothes on and without the use of any oil, with music provided
by some local sound artists.

Visitors are welcome to drop-in and-out at any time, and are also welcome to
simply come and enjoy the music minus massage.

Alumni of past Massage Basics workshops with Adam Overton are invited to
come practice their new found massage skills during any part of the
afternoon! Coaching and additional tips & tricks can be provided.

Massage will be provided by Adam Overton, and possibly some former Massage
Basics workshop alumni. Receipt of massage is not guaranteed, and will be
performed on a first-come first-served basis.
Participants must be 18 or older.
$0, drop-in and -out anytime.
No rsvp required.

*Materials Request*
SPACES is also looking for the following objects for a number of visiting
artists:

bells
yarn and string
scrap metal