[NEohioPAL] The Only Duty of a Storyteller...

Heads Up Productions info at headsupproductions.net
Tue May 17 22:42:29 PDT 2011

Heads Up Productions might work in strange and interesting ways to
create theatre.  The Artistic Director, Benjamin Rexroad, tries to
explain one of the reasons why the company works the way it does in
the company's newest blog post.

"The Only Duty of a Storyteller..."

Recently I attended a workshop with Mythologist Michael Meade.  It was
entitled, “Initiated Soul, Awakened Self.”  The workshop involved
drumming & songs, stories and moments of deep, intense communion.  It
struck me how closely our work as a theatre company coincides with his
work as a mythologist.

This shouldn’t come as a surprise.  Western theatre is firmly rooted
in myth.  From the ancient Greeks to Grotowski to present day
companies like Heads Up & New World Performance Lab our theatrical
tradition venerates, explores, confronts and explodes our collective
myths.

To continue reading visit the website www.headsupproductions.net

We welcome all comments.

Also, visit the Corpus Christi page to see our show pictures!