[NEohioPAL] Casting Call for Short Comedy

Mark Meyers meyers617 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 03:45:42 PDT 2011

Hello,

My name is Mark Meyers and I’m a producer with Invasion Films.  We currently
in the casting process for the short film *John and the Scarf*.  Auditions
will be held at Cleveland State University on Saturday, July 16th from
1pm-4pm.  These auditions are by appointment only.

*John and the Scarf* is a comedy about modern casual dating/hookups. It’s
centered on John’s deep-rooted unconscious need for love and affection, but
takes place at a time in his life where he has become wrapped up in sex as a
means to fill the empty void in his life. But like methadone to a heroin
addict, it’s just enough to get him by. He meets a love interest named Amy,
but is so preoccupied with satisfying his salacious needs that he winds up
losing the very thing he wanted. In many ways, John is a victim of society,
but that’s what he’d tell you if you ask him.

*John*, a mid-twenties while male: average height and build, and attractive.
He’s not a strikingly handsome per se, but he exudes the confidence,
charisma, and charm that drive women wild. Some tattoos and piercings are
acceptable.

*Lila*, an early twenties white female: Lila needs to be a knockout. We are
looking for an all-American, sorority girl look. Personality wise, she is
playful, innocent, and cute. Tattoos and piercings are acceptable, but to
fit the look, they must be garden variety (ankle, hip, lower back, etc).

*Stephanie*, an early to mid-twenties white female: We are looking for
someone very attractive that ideally has some visible tattoos and piercings.
Personality wise, she is highly assertive, confident, and a bit
trashy/sleazy.

*Amy*, an early to mid-twenties exotic looking/ethnic beauty: We are looking
for someone who is height/weight proportionate, with no visible tattoos or
piercings. Her personality is that of a strong-willed woman; she is
outgoing, warm/friendly, and charming.

The screenplay for *John and the Scarf* is an 18-page excerpt from a feature
length script by director Dan Griffith entitled *Life and Death of the
American Family*.  We intend to send the short film to festivals, as well as
use the short as a fund-raising tool in order to raise money to produce the
feature down the road.

These roles are unpaid, however craft services will be provided on set and I
can assure you this is worthwhile project to get involved in.

Please send your headshot and resumes to Meyers617 at gmail.com for more
information or to schedule an audition.

Thank you,

Mark Meyers