[NEohioPAL] Auditions - Midsummer at Geauga

Mark Cipra cipram at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 25 06:09:31 PST 2011

Reminder - auditions in two weeks:

Auditions for Geauga Lyric Theater Guild's production of Shakespeare's
Midsummer Night's Dream, directed by Mark Cipra

We are looking for a diverse ensemble of all ages. Cross-gender casting will
be considered for appropriate roles. No AEA contracts, and the positions are
unpaid.

Auditions are: Sunday, December, 11 and Monday, December 12,
at the Geauga Lyric Arts Center at 106 Water St, Chardon, Ohio.
(Across the street from theater.)
APPOINTMENTS NOT NECESSARY

6-7 pm each night, we will audition children 12 and under for the speaking
roles Moth, Mustardseed, Cobweb, and Peaseblossom as well as for
non-speaking roles as fairies. Some dance will be required of all children.

7-9 pm each night, we will audition all others for the roles of Theseus,
Hippolyta, Oberon, Titania, the four lovers, the Mechanicals and others.

We are looking for an actor (any age, either gender) with strong movement
and vocal skills to play Puck.

Auditioners *may* prepare a Shakespeare monolog of two minutes or less; all
will read from the script.

Headshot and resume welcome but not required.

Performances will be at the Geauga Lyric Theater, 101 Water St, Chardon
Ohio.  They will run from March 2-18, Friday and Saturday evenings and
Sunday afternoons, with one Thursday performance a possibility.

For further information, contact the theater at:
	admin (at) geaugatheater (dot) org

or contact me directly:

Mark Cipra
	cipram (at) sbcglobal (dot) net

__
Things *never* go as planned (that's why they call them "plans").