[NEohioPAL] Workshop Players Seeking Directors

Workshop Players wspamherst at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 19:31:37 PDT 2012

Dear Potential Director,

 Time is drawing near for applications to direct at Workshop Players to be
due.
We are pleased to have had several inquiries and are looking forward to
receiving the actual applications.

Use our special directors’ page to aid in the process of selecting
directors and plays for our 2013-2014 season.  workshopplayers.com/director

 On it you will find:

*a copy of this letter

 *a pdf copy of the original letter sent out to potential directors

*a pdf copy of a sample application

 *a copy of a follow up letter to potential directors outlining the
procedure to follow

*a list of all plays produced at Workshop Players over our 64 years of
existence

 *a list of plays previously considered and “put to sleep” all of which
have good
 potential for production at Workshop

*a file with plays that have been submitted to Workshop BY THEIR PLAYWRIGHTS
for consideration to be produced at Workshop ---some would be premieres

 *a list of resources (at the bottom of the page) for finding potential
scripts

 Workshop Players is and has always been an all volunteer theater.  Each
season we produce five shows, each with nine performances.

 We look forward to receiving applications from potential directors by May
6th.  The Trustees of Workshop Players will then  meet with candidates in
individual, scheduled appointments Friday evening, May 11th where each
director will present  script possibilities for 2-4 shows.  After these
interviews, the Trustees will commit to five directors for the 2013-2014
season.

 The scripts will be reviewed by the Play Reading Committee.  Meetings will
be set up with the directors and this committee in October to discuss
production possibilities and a balanced season will be selected by November
of 2012.

 Thank you for your interest in becoming or remaining part of the Workshop
Players’ family of directors.   We welcome submissions from current
directors, those who have directed in the past, but have been absent from
us for awhile, and newcomers alike.

Very truly,

Pat Price, Play Reading Committee Chair
Contact info:  (440) 670-6620  (cell)  pprice203 at gmail.com

--
Workshop Players
44820 Middle Ridge Road, Amherst, OH 44001

"If all the world's a stage, I want better lighting!"