[NEohioPAL] 8 The Play @ Theatre 8:15 in Green TONIGHT

Vanbrujah vanbrujah at aol.com
Fri Jul 13 21:03:42 PDT 2012

                                                                     Theatre 8:15

is proud to present the Ohio premiere of
8 The Play
by Dustin Lance Black

A one night only staged reading
Saturday, July 14th
8:15 pm
Theatre 8:15
4740 Massillon Road
Green, Oh 44232
Tickets $5.00

All proceeds to benefit The American Foundation for Equal Rights to help with the fight for marriage equality for all.

Featuring the talents of

The Court
 Judge Vaughn R. Walker: Brad Vincent
 Theodore Olson – Lawyer for Plaintiffs: Alex J. Nine
 David Boies – Lawyer for Plaintiffs: Greg Emmanuelson
 Charles J. Cooper – Lawyer for Defense: Barry Wakser
 Court Clerk - Dawna Kornick

 The Plaintiffs
 Kris Perry: Zen Davis
 Sandy Stier: Kathleen Farris
 Spencer Perry – son of Plaintiff: Daniel Nabours
 Elliot Perry – son of Plaintiff: David Burkhardt
 Jeff Zarrillo: Chase Drought
 Paul Katami: Steve Sterling

 Witnesses for Plaintiffs
 Dr. Nancy Cott: Jenna Fink
 Dr. Gregory M. Herek: Daryl Dirham
 Dr. Ilan Meyer: Doug Lillibridge
 Dr. Gary Segura:Tricia Ostertag
 Ryan Kendall: John Przybocki

 Witnesses for Defense
 David Blankenhorn: Chris Macchione
 William Tam: Brian Richeson

 Other Characters
 Evan Wolfson – Founder of Freedom to Marry: Tom Bryant
 Maggie Gallagher – National Organization for Marriage President : Haley Binford
 Broadcast Journalist: Sergio Iriarte

“8” is an unprecedented account of the Federal District Court trial in Perry v. Schwarzenegger (now Perry v. Brown), the case filed by American Foundation for Equal Rights  to overturn Proposition 8, which stripped gay and lesbian Californians of the fundamental freedom to marry.

The story for “8” is framed by the trial’s historic closing arguments in June 2010, and features the best arguments and testimony from both sides.  Scenes include flashbacks to some of the more jaw-dropping moments of trial, such as the admission by the Proposition 8 supporters’ star witness, David Blankenhorn, that “we would be more American on the day we permitted same-sex marriage than we were on the day before.”

The performance will be will be followed by a talkback where cast and audience members can discuss the issues presented in the Perry v. Schwarzenegger trial.

Plus, we're now getting anonymous hate calls, so come join us and we can all go out and enjoy the protesters. They've been really bored since Jerry Springer: The Musical closed, and apparently they've chosen us to be next!