[NEohioPAL] debate

Barry Wakser btwakser at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 11:56:53 PST 2013

With all respect to Marc, it is the listserv subscribers themselves who
should research any casting notice or service. In other words, "buyer
beware." Fred performs an invaluable service by maintaining this listserv
free of charge and I am sure he has neither the desire nor the resources to
investigate each casting notice posted. Now, if the members of this
listserv wish for it to be a paid service and Fred is willing to hire staff
to do the necessary research, that's fine. But speaking for myself (and I
suspect a few others), I like the fact that anyone can post as well as
subscribe at no charge.

No doubt, there are scams out there that want you to pay to audition or
join a casting service. People need to be diligent and do a little
investigation on their own. In this day and age, it is simple enough to do
a little online research not to mention take advantage of the wealth of
knowledge and experience of the 5000+ subscribers to this service. Ask
around. Someone will surely have experience with the agency at issue or be
able to give some helpful advice. But let's keep NeOhiopal free and open.

Barry