[NEohioPAL] debate

Kay Cosgriff brendansalley at ameritech.net
Thu Jan 3 12:46:45 PST 2013

having just left Chicago...Performink is strictly a trade paper as is
Backstage...Neopal posts auditions as well as a lot of personal information as
well as reminders about openings, closing and awards.....all three have
different target groups.  They both list union and non-union, available spaces
for performance or rehearsal, instruction even legal representation or therapist
in a format....that's not what this is suppose to be about if I am understanding
it correctly...

If  someone is going to claim to be any type of theatre practitioner whether it
be actor, designer, writer, director.....it is our responsibility to "check out"
who we are dealing with...I have to do that with actors and make a decision if
we wish to continue.  In  those other cities you could never say "last weekend
to see....." that would be a paid add in Performink or The Reader, Village Voice
or if you had a lot of money.....the Chicago Tribune or the Times....I don't
think Backstage would even accept it....this works...for its purpose......it's
free and open!...."just sayin".  If people feel a more structured organization
is necessary.....sharpen your pencils, do a business plan and start marketing
for adds.....I'll give you one for a public read of my plays.  Have a good New
Year!