[NEohioPAL] debate

Martin Cosentino martin at ensemble-theatre.org
Thu Jan 3 16:42:16 PST 2013

Kay, you have raised some good points, but maybe we are comparing grapes to
watermelons here. All of the publications you mentioned make their
business, and profits, with paid advertisements. If one of these
advertisers is found to be a scam, inauthentic, bogus, the people who
respond to the ads have no legal claim on the publications publishing the
ad. The ad(or casting or audition notice)only serves as conveying
information to the general public, or subscribers as the case may be.

If you had read the disclaimer on ALL NEOHIOPAL publications, that would
adequately
explain to you that there is no intrinsic responsibility on Fred and his
staff to vouch, verify, authenticate any notice posted on the list. If you
remember the Roman saying,  "Let the buyer beware," you are implying that
all of the major newspapers, magazines, and other organs that accept
advertisements of 'notices' are liable for the veracity, authentication,
and truth of the information in the ad.

Even PSA's (public service announcements) which are donated to worthy
causes, are subject to error, misinformation,and it is the responsibilty of
the person who follows up the notice to verify its authenticity. If anyone
is liable for bad, scam, bogus, information, it is the actual person or
agency that placed the ad, and it is to them that you need to direct your
efforts at verification. Otherwise, call the Better Business Bureau. They
have a desk specifically to handle those tupes of complaints.

Martin Cosentino

--
*Martin Cosentino*
*Managing Director*
*Ensemble Theatre of Cleveland*
*Performing at The Coventry School*
*2843 Washington Boulevard*
*Cleveland Heights, OH  44118*
*(T) 216-321-2930*
*(F) info at ensemble-theatre.org *
*(M) 216-509-2411*
*(E) **martin at ensemble-theatre.org* <martin at ensemble-theatre.org>
***************************************
*
2012-2013 SEASON.
"DISCOVER THE HUMAN ELEMENT"
**
THE NORMAL HEART
**
By: Larry Kramer
September 28th - October 21st, 2012
Directed by: Sarah May
Winner of 2011 Tony Award for Best Revival of a Play!

MIRACLE & WONDER
By: Jonathan Wilhelm
November 15th - December 2nd, 2012
Directed by: Ian Hinz

THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO JAMES
By: Charles Smith
January 25th - February 17th, 2013
Directed by: Celeste Cosentino

THE COLOMBI NEW PLAYS FESTIVAL
"One-on-One" by Edward Walsh,  March 7,8,9,10
"The Lizard" by Carol Laursen,   March 14, 15, 16, 17
"Cocopelli" by Stuart Hoffman,  March 21, 22, 23, 24
March 7th - March 24th, 2013

THE ICEMAN COMETH
By: Eugene O'Neill
April 19th - May 12th, 2013
Directed by: Ian Hinz

We look forward to seeing you in our audience!
*
*
*
*FOR TICKETS, SUBSCRIPTIONS, & **INFORMATION *
*VISIT OUR WEBSITE:*
*www.ensemble-theatre.org*
*OR CALL: **216.321.2930   *
*