[NEohioPAL] Pianist or Organist for Historic Black Catholic Parish

Sandra Gay Chapman sandra.geecee at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 12 08:50:33 PST 2013

St. Adalbert/OLBS is the oldest African American Catholic Parish in the Diocese of Cleveland.  I am in need of an organist or pianist to play our one Sunday Mass (11am) and other occasional liturgies. We have a small, but quite good choir of around twelve members. I would like the musician to work with our choir - since we have only one Sunday Mass perhaps we can arrange practice before the Mass for the musician's convenience.  St. Adalbert has recently reopened after having been suppressed for two years so we are a little shaky financially, but will do our best.
We need a VERY part time musician to play our Sunday Mass (11am) and other Masses (e.g., Holy Thursday). We have a small choir of about twelve members and I would like the musician to work with them as well -- since we have only one Sunday Mass I think we could have the practice before the Mass. The musician has to be familiar with African American Church Music. Right now we are using Lead me Guide me. I would appreciate any help you can provide.
For more information please contact:  Fr. Gary Chmura @ 216-881-7647