[NEohioPAL] Fellowships for Performing and Literary Artists

Valerie Schumacher valerie at cultureforward.org
Tue May 14 12:18:26 PDT 2013

$20,000 Fellowships for Individual Artists Available
Workshops for CPAC's Creative Workforce Fellowship Program

Contact: Susan dePasquale, Program Manager
Susan at cultureforward.org<mailto:Susan at cultureforward.org>, (216) 575-0331, x127

CLEVELAND - Professional dance, literature, music and theatre artists who make their home in Cuyahoga County have an opportunity to dream bigger with the 2014 cycle of the Community Partnership for Arts and Culture (CPAC)'s Creative Workforce Fellowship program. Individuals who meet eligibility requirements can compete for one of up to 22 awards.  20 Fellowships include the following:

  *   $20,000 financial award
  *   one-year membership in the Council of Smaller Enterprises (COSE)
  *   tuition waiver for CPAC and COSE's Artist as an Entrepreneur Institute (AEI)
  *   inclusion in a video catalogue of Fellows' work

CPAC will also award two Seth Rosenberg Prizes of $2,500. The Creative Workforce Fellowship is made possible by the generous support of Cuyahoga County residents through Cuyahoga Arts & Culture.

Artists interested in applying can attend a free workshop<http://cultureforward.org/Our-Programs/Fellowship/Guidelines2/Timeline>. CPAC will present seven workshops that walk through the online application.  These meetings will be held on the following dates:

Spanish American Committee

Friday, May 24

11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Rainey Institute

Friday, May 31

10 - 11:30 a.m.

Happy Dog (Under Dog)

Wednesday, June 12

6 - 7:30 p.m.

Cleveland Metroparks Zoo

Saturday, June 15

10 - 11:30 a.m.

Heights Arts

Tuesday, July 9

11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Cuyahoga County Public Library: Warrensville Branch

Friday, July 12

11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.

Karamu House

Tuesday, July 16

12 - 1:30 p.m.

The deadline for the online application is Wednesday, July 31, 2013. Guidelines and application information can be found at www.CultureForward.org/Our-Programs/Fellowship/Application-Guidelines<http://www.CultureForward.org/Our-Programs/Fellowship/Application-Guidelines> . Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) are also be available in both English<http://www.cultureforward.org/Our-Programs/Fellowship/FAQ> and Spanish<http://www.cultureforward.org/Our-Programs/Fellowship/Preguntas-Mas-Frecuentes>.

About CPAC
The Community Partnership for Arts and Culture (CPAC) is a nonprofit service organization dedicated to strengthening, unifying and connecting greater Cleveland's arts and culture sector. CPAC provides counsel and research to foster a more informed dialogue between representatives of the arts and culture sector and public leaders concerning arts and culture's role in the region's development. It also supports the advancement of artists, arts and culture professionals and other civic leaders through an array of programs and services, such as the Creative Workforce Fellowship, as well as tools like www.cultureforward.org<http://www.cultureforward.org/> and www.mycreativecompass.org<http://www.mycreativecompass.org/>.

About Cuyahoga Arts & Culture
Cuyahoga Arts & Culture's mission is to inspire and strengthen the community by investing in arts and culture, and since 2007, CAC has invested more than $95 million dollars in more than 200 local arts and cultural organizations.  In 2011, for every dollar CAC invested in arts and culture organizations, nearly $20 was put back into the local economy; and CAC-funded organizations supported nearly 9,000 jobs in Cuyahoga County's creative sector. Learn more about Cuyahoga Arts & Culture and its grant programs at www.cacgrants.org<http://www.cacgrants.org/>.