[NEohioPAL] "Private Lives", plus open auditions for two comedies - January News from CVLT

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Mon Dec 30 14:18:18 PST 2013

Trouble viewing this email? See it on the web at
http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm <http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm>

  CHAGRIN VALLEY LITTLE THEATRE
  January 2014 News & Events

www.CVLT.org <http://www.CVLT.org> . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022

Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://www.Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre>
Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

  * *Happening in January...*
      o *January 1:* Improv Class Session 2 (Registration Closed)
      o *January 11:* Spring Youth Theatre
        <http://www.cvlt.org/youth/?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2014>
        Session Begins (see www.CVLT.org/youth
        <http://www.cvlt.org/youth/?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2014>)
      o *January 17 - February 8:* PRIVATE LIVES
        <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/privatelives.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2014>
        (Comedy)
  * *OPEN AUDITIONS...*
      o *January 14 - 16:* THE LAST ROMANCE - comedy, 2m, 2w (see
        www.CVLT.org/auditions
        <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions/?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2014>)
      o *January 26 - 27:* THE CURIOUS SAVAGE - comedy, 6m, 5w (see
        www.CVLT.org/auditions
        <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions/?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2014>)

  * *Coming in February...*
      o *February 14 - 15:* Valentine's Day Concert - Chagrin Falls
        Studio Orchestra
        <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/cfso-valentine.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2014>
      o *February 21 - March 8:* THE BELLE OF AMHERST
        <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/belleofamherst.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2014>
        at The River Street Playhouse

Please take our
brief survey!
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE1NM3NxdzNJRXBNRGVFSjNfOE84Q3c6MQ>

      *Happy New Year from Chagrin Valley Little Theatre!*

What a holiday season we had! CVLT's main stage played host to a
marvelous production of "A Christmas Carol: The Musical", as well as our
annual Gingerbread Tea, and the Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra's holiday
concert, while our River Street Playhouse gave us laughter with David
Sedaris' "The Santaland Diaries / Season's Greetings". We celebrate the
new year with *BENDING BROADWAY: A New Year's Eve Revue
<http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/newyear.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2014>*,
which you can still get tickets for if you haven't made your plans for
the evening yet!

January brings us the opening of Noël Coward's classic comedy *PRIVATE
LIVES*
<http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/privatelives.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2014>
as well as auditions for the next two productions in our season. Please
note that our scheduled production of FOLLIES has been replaced by John
Patrick's comedy *THE CURIOUS SAVAGE*, which will open on March 28.

CVLT would also like to extend special congratulations to actor *Tim
Walsh*, whose performance as Joe Spinelli in our production of "SKIN
DEEP" earned him "Best Performance by an Actor in a Comedy" recognition
from the News-Herald's Bob Abelman.

Keep up with CVLT and see tons of photos and more on our Facebook
<http://facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre> page, and follow us on Twitter
<http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>!

See you soon,
/Your Friends at CVLT/

    */Private Lives
    <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/privatelives.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2014>/*

*by NOËL COWARD'*

*January 17 - February 8, 2014
Fridays & Saturdays at 8:00 PM*

*Tickets: *$18 regular, $14 students and seniors

*For information see http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/privatelives.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/privatelives.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2014>

or call 440-247-8955*

*Directed by FRED GLOOR*

Noël Coward's PRIVATE LIVES is a 1930's comedy in three acts.

Elyot Chase (James Rankin) and his bride Sibyl (Sarah Katz) are enjoying
a parisian honeymoon in an upscale hotel. Victor (Whit Lowell) and
Amanda (Jordan Malin), another newlywed couple, are staying in the
honeymoon suite next door. However, there's trouble in paradise when it
becomes clear that Amanda and Elyot are former spouses.

Over cocktails on the terrace, Elyot and Amanda realize that they are
still in love with each other and should never have divorced. They
escape from the hotel to reunite, and are soon caught up in the same
violent arguments that originally plagued their turbulent marriage. They
seem to be drawn to each other simply for the thrill of the fight.

Soon enough, Sibyl and Victor, show up! Passion and jealousy flare...
who will end up together when the dust settles?

    */Bending Brodaway:
    A New Year's Eve Cabaret
    <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/newyear.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2014>/*

*December 31, 2013
Tuesday night at 8:00 PM *

*Tickets: *$25
Post-show reception with champagne toast included.

*For information see http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/newyear.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/newyear.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2014>

or call 440-247-8955*

*Created and Directed by GRETA ROTHMAN
Musical Direction by PATRICK WICKLIFFE*

Broadway will be turned upside down for your enjoyment as women sing
songs made famous by male crooners and the men belt out favorites that
were originally performed by great divas of the stage! Enjoy familiar
songs from a whole new perspective in this original, light-hearted,
one-night-only cabaret.

*Featuring the vocal talents of:
*Ryan Bernstein, Damian Henri, Laura Henri, Patricia Kall, Greta
Rothman, Jen Ryan, Steven R. Tiderman, and Eric Alan Unhold.

    STILL TO COME IN CVLT's 84th CONSECUTIVE SEASON
    <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2014>

    *PURPLE* - Main Stage *ORANGE* - River Street Playhouse *GREEN* -
    Special Events. Full info and ticket purchasing online at
    http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason
    <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2014>

      * *Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Valentine Concert* (February 14
        - 15, 2014)
      * *THE BELLE OF AMHERST* (February 21 - March 8, 2014)
        a one-woman play about Emily Dickinson by William Luce (River
        Street Playhouse)
      * *Youth Theater Show* (March 1 - 2 , 2014)
      * *THE CURIOUS SAVAGE * (March 28 - April 12, 2014)
        a comedy by John Patrick
      * *Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra* (May 2 - 3, 2014)
      * *THE LAST ROMANCE* (April 25 - May 10, 2014)
        a romantic comedy by Joe DiPietro (River Street Playhouse)
      * *TWENTIETH CENTURY* (May 30 - June 21, 2014)
        a comedy by Ken Ludwig
      * *A CHORUS LINE* (July 18 - August 16, 2014)/- musical /
        the landmark musical with songs by Marvin Hamlisch
      * *THE EXIT INTERVIEW* (July 25 - August 9, 2014)
        a comedy by William Missouri Downs (River Street Playhouse)

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. The Ohio Arts Council helps
fund our organization with state tax dollars to encourage economic
growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.

CVLT Monthly Email