[NEohioPAL] LAND OF CLEVE REVIEW: Blank Canvas Theatre Turns an Empty Stage Into a Heartfelt and Heartbreaking 'Our Town'

Cleve Land via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Aug 25 05:13:37 PDT 2015

LAND OF CLEVE REVIEW:
    Blank Canvas Theatre
    Turns an Empty Stage
      Into a Heartfelt and
 Heartbreaking *'Our Town'*

Thornton Wilder's "Our Town" is indeed a simple play about complex issues
such as life, love, longing and loss. It takes place in a small-town
community about 100 years ago -- and, not surprisingly, is just as
effective and just as relevant today.

Director Patrick Ciamacco deftly defines each moment in time, each
motivation, and each emotion throughout the drama's three acts with
heartfelt humor and heartbreaking honesty.

Ciamacco is ably aided in his quest for the truth of each scene by
his articulate and admirable cast. Leading the way is Darius Stubbs,
offering an eloquently understated interpretation of the Stage Manager,
connecting with the audience so intimately that he even said "Excuse me"
when a female viewer sneezed.

Becca Frick and Perren Henderson are perfectly paired as poignant young
lovers who sweetly fall in love and then, just as quickly, are unexpectedly
separated. They are showered with kindness and wisdom by a quartet of proud
parental figures, portrayed with dignity and grace by Lynna Metrisin, Laura
Starnik, John J. Polk and Lance King.

A gregarious group of friends and neighbors stand steadfastly by, offering
their own opinions and advice on a variety of subjects, made up of Nate
Summers, Kevin Myers, Len Lieber, Sharon DeCosta, Christopher Fortunate,
and Brett Heidinger. Even the talented youngsters in the piece make a
lasting impression, including Colin Myers, Joseph Daso, Makenna Weyburne
and Cara Myers...

*READ THE FULL REVIEW AT:*
*http://inthelandofcleve.blogspot.com/2015/08/cleve-review-blank-canvas-theatre-turns.html
<http://inthelandofcleve.blogspot.com/2015/08/cleve-review-blank-canvas-theatre-turns.html>*