[NEohioPAL] Last Weekend To See 13' at Beachwood Community Theater

Jill Koslen-Freireich via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu May 19 19:52:12 PDT 2016

Please support this exceptionally talented cast and come out to see these
outstanding teens this Friday at 7:30 pm and this Saturday at 2 pm.

A Review from Actress/Director Pamela Harwood

"Junior High was the worst time of my life, I would never want to repeat
that!" Have you ever said that? Well, the Beachwood Community Theatre is
giving you the "0 P P, Opportunity" to eat your words and enjoy them too! This
Friday night and Saturday afternoon is your last chance to see them perform
"13", A Jason Robert Brown Smash, musical about the events leading up to
Evan Goldman's thirteenth birthday and Bar Mitzvah. Needless to say, the
journey is not a smooth one.

Jill Koslen-Freireich has done an amazing job of channeling the energy and
talent of a cast of 37 teens and pre-teens from several East Side
communities. Musical Director, John Krol and his musicians lead the
students through an exciting and challenging musical score, And Julie
Schullo choreographed them to dance with contagious enthusiasm.

The cast varies in their  experience and performance maturity, but that is
to be expected of young actors. By double casting all the roles, Jill has
given each actor the chance to shine and the chance to push themselves
beyond their comfort zones. Some understand well how to "play the song",
some are strong dancers, and others have great comedic timing. But all of
them have come together as a strong company and serve the show well. Much
of the power of this show is written into the songs so you are well advised
to listen carefully to the lyrics. Come and join Evan Goldman and his
friends as they allow us the return to those turbulent times and remind us
that no matter what our age, we all have a little more homework to do.

Pamela Harwood

office (216) 292-1970                                   fax (216) 292-1976
Here it is. Feel free to change any of the factual information if I have
not got it right. I placed quotation marks around things I am unsure of.

"Junior High was the worst time of my life, I would never want to repeat
that!" Have you ever said that? Well, the Beachwood Community Theatre is
giving you the "0 P P, Opportunity" to eat your words and enjoy them too!
This Friday night and Saturday afternoon is your last chance to see them
perform "13", a Jason Robert Brown musical about the events leading up to
Evan Goldman's thirteenth birthday and Bar Mitzvah. Needless to say, the
journey is not a smooth one.

Jill Koslen-Freireich has done an amazing job of channeling the energy and
talent of a cast of (number of kids?) teens and pre-teens from several
Eastside communities. Musical Director, John Krol and his (band, team,
musicians?) lead the students through an exciting and challenging musical
score, and Julia Schullo choreographed them to dance with contagious
enthusiasm.

The cast varies in their  experience and performance maturity, but that is
to be expected of young actors. By double casting all the roles, Jill has
given each actor the chance to shine and the chance to push themselves
beyond their comfort zones. Some understand well how to "play the song",
some are strong dancers, and others have great comedic timing. But all of
them have come together as a strong company and serve the show well. Much
of the power of this show is written into the songs so you are well advised
to listen carefully to the lyrics. Come and join Evan and his friends as
they allow us the return to those turbulent times and remind us that no
matter what our age, we all have a little more homework to do.

Pamela Harwood

Sent from my iPad