[NEohioPAL] WRP Announces Auditions, Classes & Plenty of Holiday Activities!

B W montecount at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 20 10:42:33 PST 2017

Western Reserve Playhouse is pleased to present the final works of our Directing Class students!

The show consists of four pieces, all with different student directors. Theresa Dean, Dan Lozinak, Chris Macchione & Karen Rose all show what they've learned in the 8-week intensive, instructed by Co-Artistic Director Brian Westerley.

The students were very lucky to have plenty of talented local performers volunteer their time to participate in these scenes.

Show Time: 8:00 PM on Saturday, December 2nd

Admission is FREE!

Come out to support these hardworking people!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Western Reserve Playhouse is having a costume sale!

Selections from our expansive costume loft will be available!

We will also have assorted props for sale - including four giant wagon wheels!
If you're a theatre, here's a chance to get a jump on next year's shows! If you're an individual, you might just find that winter coat that you've been wanting or a holiday present for someone on your list!
Sunday, December 3rd from 9AM-1PM

Western Reserve Playhouse is pleased to announce auditions for the Regional Premiere of
"Tomorrow Morning"
by British Composer Laurence Mark Wythe.

Auditions will be December 11 & 12, 2017 from 6:30-9:00PM.
Callbacks - if necessary - will be December 12, 2017.

Auditions will be held at Western Reserve Playhouse, 3326 Everett Rd. Bath, Ohio

Director: Ian Atwood

Musical Director: Bryan Bird

Please prepare one musical theatre piece in the vein of the show, but not from the show.

Show dates are March 9, 10, 16, 17, 18, 23 & 24, 2018
Friday & Saturday at 8PM & Sunday at 2PM

Plot: Two couples are separated by a span of time. Jack & Catherine, who are in their late 30s, are getting divorced. John and Kat, who are in their 20s, are getting married. On the eve of their wedding, Kat finds out that she is pregnant. When she informs Jack, he walks out on her. Meanwhile, Catherine & John argue about their divorce settlement. Adam, their 10-year-old son, disappears, causing the couple to realize that they still care for each other.

Casting:
Kat - Early 20's (Alto/Mezzo with belt to D)

John - Early 20's (Tenor/Baritone High A)

(Jack & Catherine have already been cast)

Link to cast recording:

http://www.tomorrowmorningthemusical.com/

Sign up at:

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080e49a9ad29a2fc1-tomorrow

Western Reserve Playhouse is pleased to welcome celebrated local performer Tom Stephan to our stage! Tom will be spending an evening sharing cookies & cocoa with the children, while reading them the classic Christmas poem, “The Night Before Christmas”!

The event will take place on Tuesday, December 5th at 7PM & should last about an hour.

Admission is free, but donations are gladly accepted!

Come in your holiday pjs and maybe if we are lucky a visit from somone from the North Pole!

Western Reserve Playhouse presents

"Heavy Lies the Crown"

Starring: Tom Stephan, Harriet DeVeto & Co-Artistic Director Brian Westerley
ONE PERFORMANCE ONLY! December 10th at 2PM

Heavy Lies the Crown is the lively history of the life & death of the kings & queens of England told through tales, poems, letters & dialogue. It gives audiences insight into stories of the succession of royalty & how it shaped our world. At times, the monarchs own words are used to describe their lives.

Tickets: $10.00 for everyone

Make your reservations at www.westernreserveplayhouse.org<http://www.westernreserveplayhouse.org/>

Western Reserve Playhouse is pleased to present the world premiere of

Matt’s First (Real) Thanksgiving

by award-winning & internationally produced local playwright, Brandi Eaton

Starring: Nicholas Peters (in his BroadwayWorld Cleveland-nominated role), Meg Hopp, Adrienne Jones, Rose Gabriele, Mason Shuman
with
Tom Stephan
Harriet DeVeto
&

o-Artistic Director Brian Westerley as Matt

ONE NIGHT ONLY! December 15th at 8PM

The performance will be a staged reading of the script & a

talkback session with the playwright & cast will follow.

Matt’s was originally done as a 10-minute play during the

theatre’s Half-Dozen show in August. It was such a big hit,

that Ms. Eaton developed it into a full-length

script.Matt’s tells the story of Matt, who brings home his

younger boyfriend, Jason, on Thanksgiving to meet his

family for the first time. Unfortunately, Matt’s family

doesn’t know that he’s gay. Add to that a drunken aunt, a

wise-cracking grandma & an unwanted ex-boyfriend &

you’ve got one hilarious holiday!

Admission is FREE, but donations are gladly accepted!