[NEohioPAL] Call for Writings on #BLACKLIVESMATTER

Richard Zenk richardjoseph at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 09:09:14 PDT 2020

George Floyd is the latest African American man in a long history of deaths
and injuries:  Rodney King, Malice Wayne Green, Abner Louima, Amadou
Diallo, Eric Garner, Michael Brown, Freddie Gray, Philando Castile, Ahmaud
Arbery, Breonna Taylor, among them.

Equality Productions seeks #BLACKLIVESMATTER performance pieces (e.g.,
monologues, songs, poetry, rap, etc).  We seek pieces that advocate
justice, equality, and solutions to a complex issue with a thoughtful and
peaceful focus. Please submit yours by June 24 to
equalityproductionscincy at gmail.com with the subject line: #BLACKLIVESMATTER.

We'll collaborate with the author or singer to determine how the
performance piece will be recorded. It will be placed on the Equality
Productions Facebook page and YouTube channel. Visit our Facebook page at
EQUALITY PRODUCTIONS IN CINCINNATI OH.

Viewers of the performances will be asked to donate to African-American civil
rights organizations that support the passage and enforcement of laws and
other social measures designed to protect and promote reform. These
organizations defend civil rights as well as engage and advance social
action.