[NEohioPAL] Calling all dancers!

Anna Cerveny clevelanddanceproject at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 05:09:08 PDT 2021

CALLING ALL DANCERS ages 18+, from the professionals to the beginners, if
you're looking for a fun performance opportunity, to challenge yourself
with a new style of dance or perfect an old one...or even just looking to
make friends with other Cleveland dancers, come out for the eighth OPEN
CALL placement audition, all levels of dance experience and all styles of
dance welcome and encouraged! This audition process will allow dancers to
meet the choreographers and audition for dances of their choice in a
friendly group environment that will allow dancers to learn some basic
choreography and display their own dance style and personality. We will do
our best to place everyone who attends in at least one piece!

You must be available for our showcase, tentatively on Saturday Nov 20 at
Brecksville-Broadview Heights Middle School, as well as for tech and dress
rehearsals on Thurs/Fri Nov 18 & 19 in the evening.

REHEARSALS will be held once a week for 90 minutes, from September 9 to Nov
17. Rehearsal schedule & choreographer introduction videos are on our
website at www.clevelanddanceproject.com/choreographers

Pre-registration is REQUIRED as space is limited. There is a $25
nonrefundable audition fee for all dancers. Payment will save your spot. In
addition to the audition fee, dancers will owe $50 tuition per piece they
are cast in (up to 3), or $25 per piece as an understudy. Register at
www.clevelanddanceproject.com/s8auditions

CDP has two scholarship programs that cover tuition - a talent scholarship
and a minority scholarship. Application deadlines are August 29.

If you can't make auditions but still want to perform, e-mail us with your
dance resume, headshot, and a video of you dancing, plus your $25 audition
fee. Keep in mind, casting preference will be given to those who attend
auditions but we will do our best to place you if we can!

Anna Cerveny
Director
Cleveland Dance Project
clevelanddanceproject at gmail.com