[NEohioPAL] Attention Directors, Musical Directors, Choreographers & Technical Personnel: Cassidy Theatre Seeks Statements Of Interest - 2022 Season

Mike Caraffi mcaraffi at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 7 17:23:56 PDT 2021

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
On behalf of the CTI Board of Directors, I am pleased to present to you our 2022 Season.  This season has been designed specifically with the intent of being performed live, for a live audience.  Understanding that our climate is prone to change, we also have built in flexibility to pivot to other distribution mediums if required (i.e. streaming).

If you are interested in participating in any of these productions, we are now accepting statements of interest.  We would ask that you submit your interest(s) by email to mcaraffi at cassidytheatre.com and attach your resume along with stating the show(s) / production role you are interested in filling. In addition,  In your statement of interest, please provide your directorial vision for the piece and any supplemental images/information that may help our board of directors make their selection.  We will be accepting statements of interest from Wednesday, 9/8/2021 thru Wednesday, 9/15/2021.  For all submissions, the CTI board will determine the production team (based on those who have submitted statements of interest).  Note:  Cassidy Theatre Inc., has onboarded  a Stage Manager and Technical/Scenic Designer for our 2022 Season.  ASM’s or Technical Design roles (i.e. lights, sound, props, costumes) ARE also available based on the show’s needs.

The CTI Board of Directors will meet the week of 9/19/2021 to review all applicants and may ask that you come in and present your concept for your production choices if needed. Once this has been completed the CTI Board of Directors will make selections shortly thereafter.

We are extremely excited about or 2022 Season and hope to hear back from you soon regarding your interests!

CTI’s 2022 Season:

02/4/2022 - 2/13/2022 – Harvey (Non-Musical)

                Elwood P. Dowd insists on including his friend Harvey in all of his sister Veta’s social gatherings. Trouble is, Harvey is an imaginary six-and-a-half-foot-tall rabbit. To avoid future embarassment for her family—and especially for her daughter, Myrtle Mae—Veta decides to have Elwood committed to a sanitarium. At the sanitarium, a frantic Veta explains to the staff that her years of living with Elwood’s hallucination have caused her to see Harvey also, and so the doctors mistakenly commit her instead of her mild-mannered brother. The truth comes out, however; Veta is freed, and the search is on for Elwood, who eventually arrives at the sanitarium of his own volition, looking for Harvey. But it seems that Elwood and his invisible companion have had a strange influence on more than one of the doctors. Only at the end does Veta realize that maybe Harvey isn’t so bad after all.

04/1/2022 – 04/10/2022 – Sister Act (Musical)

                When disco diva, Deloris Van Cartier, witnesses a murder, she is put in protective custody in the one place the cops are sure she won't be a found: a convent! Disguised as a nun, she finds herself at odds with both the rigid lifestyle and uptight Mother Superior. Using her unique disco moves and singing talent to inspire the choir, Deloris breathes new life into the church and community but, in doing so, blows her cover. Soon, the gang is giving chase, only to find them up against Deloris and the power of her newly found sisterhood.

06/10/2022 – 06/19/2022 – RENT (Musical)

                Based loosely on Puccini's La Boheme, Jonathan Larson's Rent follows a year in the life of a group of impoverished young artists and musicians struggling to survive and create in New York's Lower East Side, under the shadow of HIV/AIDS. The physical and emotional complications of the disease pervade the lives of Roger, Mimi, Tom and Angel. Maureen deals with her chronic infidelity through performance art; her partner, Joanne, wonders if their relationship is worth the trouble. Benny has sold out his Bohemian ideals in exchange for a hefty income and is on the outs with his former friends. Mark, an aspiring filmmaker, feels like an outsider to life in general. How these young bohemians negotiate their dreams, loves and conflicts provides the narrative thread to this groundbreaking musical.

 08/18/2022 – 08/28/2022 – Local Artist Piece - TBD

                After the success of “Matt’s First Real Thanksgiving” in our 2021 season, Cassidy Theatre is proud to be working again with local Cleveland artists to produce unique, thought provoking and entertaining pieces of theater for our stage.  This selection – which is currently under consideration by our board of directors – will be a full length, fully produced mainstage production.

10/14/2022 – 10/23/2022 – The Drowsy Chaperone (Musical)

                With the houselights down, a man in a chair appears on stage and puts on his favorite record: the cast recording of a fictitious 1928 musical. The recording comes to life and The Drowsy Chaperone begins as the man in the chair looks on. Mix in two lovers on the eve of their wedding, a bumbling best man, a desperate theatre producer, a not-so-bright hostess, two gangsters posing as pastry chefs, a misguided Don Juan and an intoxicated chaperone, and you have the ingredients for an evening of madcap delight.

12/9/2022 – 12/18/2022 – Elf The Musical (Musical)

                Buddy, a young orphan, mistakenly crawls into Santa's bag of gifts and is transported to the North Pole. The would-be elf is raised, unaware that he is actually a human until his enormous size and poor toy-making abilities cause him to face the truth. With Santa's permission, Buddy embarks on a journey to New York City to find his birth father and discover his true identity. Faced with the harsh realities that his father is on the naughty list and his half-brother doesn't even believe in Santa, Buddy is determined to win over his new family and help New York remember the true meaning of Christmas.

We look forward to your submissions!
Thank You,

Michael L. Caraffi

Board President