[NEohioPAL] LOG CABIN opens Friday, May 20th at convergence-continuum

Cory Molner cmolner at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 2 13:13:27 PDT 2022

Convergence-continuumcontinues its 2022 season with the Regional Premiereof Log Cabin, by Jordan Harrison.

It’s a faraway age of hope and inclusivity; in other words,it’s 2015. When a tight-knit circle of married gays and lesbians – comfy in thenew mainstream – see themselves through the eyes of their rakish transgenderpal, it’s clear that the march toward progress is anything but unified. Withstinging satire and acute compassion, Jordan Harrison’s pointed comedy chartsthe breakdown of empathy that happens when we think our rights are secure,revealing conservative hearts where you’d least expect.

"A hot-button gay-versus-trans comedy."- The New York Times

"Examines our impulse to slam the door behind us just as we crossthe threshold of privilege.-"Theatremania

Log Cabin isdirected by Eva Nel Brettrager and Cory Molner and features actors IsaiahBetts, Samantha Cocco, Carolyn Demanelis, Emmett Podgorski, Lucy Turner, andScott Zolkowski. Intimacy Direction by Kari Barclay. Scenic Design by AugustScarpelli. Lighting and Sound Design by Austin Hopson. Costume Design by AmandaRowe Van Allen.

Log Cabin opens Friday, May 20 and runs Thu-Sat at 8p.m. through June 11 at convergence-continuum’s Liminis Theater, 2438 ScrantonRd., Cleveland, OH 44113 in the historic Tremont neighborhood. Tickets are $23general admission, $18 for seniors and $18 for students. Tickets andinformation are available at www.convergence-continuum.org and 216-687-0074 or https://convergencecontinuum.ticketleap.com/log-cabin/